Luxury Ladies LLC
July 7-13, 2022
Trip leader: Kendra Last
We are so delighted that you are joining us for the upcoming retreat! I ask you to carefully read the following information to ensure that your experience is as physically comfortable and emotionally rewarding as possible.
Each journey invariably includes two itineraries. On the physical part of the journey, we each travel as a member of a group to places of extraordinary beauty, power and enchantment. On the inner journey, we travel solo down a long winding road often rife with potholes, detours and rivers to cross with no bridge in sight. The inner journey requires that we bring along all our love and courage to honestly deal with ourselves to separate truth from illusion.
The inner journey is potentially the hardest one we ever make. For the physical journey we just need a sense of humor, flexibility and a properly packed bag containing all the things a physical body could need!
- Money-personal items/shopping, tips mentioned in the Welcome Letter (Approx $30 total), extra spa services if desired.
- Comfortable, well broken in walking shoes/boots and/or sandals
- Enough of your medication for the entire trip in your carry-on bag, not packed in your luggage (suggest extra in case of delay)
- Your prescription glasses
- Have a copy of your passport facepage (the page that has your picture on it) in case your passport is lost or stolen! This is critical when traveling. (Also generally suggested to have 2 passport photos. You will be able to lock your passport in your room, and we are staying at the resort, so risk is low.) You should bring a copy of your passport page with you and it is suggested you provide one to Kendra as well.
Strongly Recommended items
- A hat or visor is very important for protection from the sun.
- Suntan lotion, and after sun lotion/aloe vera. (Sunscreen is $20+ per bottle in the gift shop)
- LAYERS! Make sure you are comfortable!
- Camera/phone W/charger
- Tissues and snacks for airplane
- 80’s/90’s Outfit for B-day party & Fancy Outfit for final night & Outfit for professional photos
- Feminine Hygiene items and personal care items
- I strongly suggest you PRINT copies of all travel itineraries, for airlines, and the email I send you a week before departure with your airport transfer information, as well as printed copies of your travel insurance policy.
- Firmly affix your luggage tags to your bags, as well I suggest you include a paper with your contact info and flight numbers INSIDE your luggage in case your bag gets separated from it’s tag.
- Additional suggestions are found on the packing list that will be provided to you.
Recommended Vaccines and Medications
While each person’s body has different needs, we recommend the following vaccines and medications as a precaution when traveling, especially to foreign countries. These recommendations are meant to prepare you so you can make intelligent choices regarding your body, not to scare you. Please consult with your own doctor regarding these suggested medications.
- COVID-19 Vaccine-at least 2 doses of Moderna/Phizer, or 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson
- Pepto Bismol for mild stomach problems or diarrhea
- Imodium for moderate diarrhea problems
- Aspirin, Tylenol or Motrin for aches, pains, headaches, etc.
- Rolaids, Tums or any antacid of choice
- Benadryl for allergic reactions, bug bites or lack of sleep
- A tube of Bacitracin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment for cuts and a tube of Hydracortisone cream for itchy critter bites and rashes
- An Epi-pen if you are susceptible to severe allergic reactions
Check with your doctor if you need any of these. We will be staying at a luxury resort that has free, unlimited bottled water for you (please only use bottled water for drinking and brushing teeth), and many food choices. We will not be leaving the resort except to travel to the airport. Bug bites are not common on the hotel strip of Cancun, but are possible.
- Six pills of Ciprofloxin 500mg (or the equivalent if you are allergic to Cipro) to be taken twice a day for three days for severe diarrhea that lasts more than a couple of days or for food poisoning.
- One set of ten days of Amoxicillin (or the equivalent if you are allergic to penicillin) for sinus infections, bronchitis or pneumonia
- Have you had your Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine?
- Tetanus shot
- Polio Vaccine
- Hepatitis B: This consists of three injections given over 6 months. All people regardless of whether they travel or not should consider this set of injections. Hepatitis B is passed through sexual relations and/or blood exchange. A person can be a carrier of this disease without you ever knowing it.
- Hepatitis A: It is recommended by the Center for Disease Control that all travelers have this vaccine. It consists of two injections given 6 months apart. You can catch Hepatitis A just from drinking a glass of water and pass it to an entire group of people from sharing water bottles, etc.
- Measles Vaccine: ask your doctor if you need a second dose
- Please consult your travel physician regarding the current Center for Disease Control recommendations.